McComb Students & McComb Property Company Limited
McComb Property Company Limited is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring any personal information we hold is held correctly and safety at all time. Your privacy is very important to us and this document will outline what information we may hold for you, how we use this information, who we may share this information with and how you can request this information at any time.
Information about McComb Students & McComb Property Company Limited
McComb Property Company Limited is one of the largest independent commercial landlords in Merseyside and West Lancashire and has a property portfolio that includes many blue-chip tenants. McComb Students is part of McComb Property Company Limited which was founded in 1998 by Michael McComb. We own and manage the largest portfolio of private student’s halls in Ormskirk. McComb Students is also the only student accommodation provider & agency in Ormskirk lead by a member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors which has thorough regulation to ensure professional standards. For more information please visit our websites.
What personal information you give to us
On our website you will find an application section in which you will provide us with your contact information if you would like to be contacted regarding our products and services. If you decide to take out a tenancy with us you will be asked to complete an application form, we will use this information to complete credit checks and ensure you will be suitable as a tenant. If you are applying for a student property you will be asked for a guarantor and to provide information regarding your university course. Guarantor information is passed to us by the tenant or the guarantor directly. University course information is used to ensure you are a full-time student. ID and proof of address documents must be provided by all of our tenants and any guarantors, we use this information to ensure our tenants meet the legal requirements to rent in the UK. You may also provide us with personal information for the following reasons:
- If you sign up for additional services
- If you contact us with an enquiry or to make a complaint
- Entering a competition
- If you would like to book a room or rent a property with us
How do we use your information?
We use your information for the following processes, please note that your privacy is our main priority and we will ensure to keep this information safe at all times.
- To process an application to become a tenant with McComb Students or McComb Property Company Limited
- To communicate with you during your application and throughout your tenancy with us
- To carry out our obligations from any contracts entered between you and us
- To provide you with products and services that you request from us
- To provide you with information about other goods or services we offer that may be of interest to you following your consent to do so
- To notify you of any changes
- To process payments
- To administer your tenancy agreement
- To invite you to any events we are holding that may be of interest to you
- To prevent fraud, criminal activity or damage to the property
- To complete a credit check to ensure all our tenants meet our requirements
- To keep you up to date with McComb Students and McComb Property Company Limited
Disclosing your information to third parties
We may share your information to third parties in the following ways:
- If you agree to, we may share your personal information to third parties so that they can contact you with their products and services
- We may share your personal information to local councils in relation to the electoral roll services and council tax
- We may share your personal information to protect or defend our legal rights or the legal rights of others
- We may share your personal information if you fail to make a rental payment and we need to contact your guarantor as per your tenancy agreement and deed of guarantee
- We may share your personal information when we use third parties to provide services for us and they need access to your personal information in order to deliver that service
- We may share your personal information if we sell our business or property to transfer information of our tenants to the new owner
- If you agree to we may share your personal information to contractors in order for them to complete their service
How long do we keep your information for?
The time in which we keep your information would be dependent on the purpose of which we have the information in the first place. However, we can assure you that we do not keep your personal information for longer than necessary unless there is a specific legal requirement to do so.
How is your information stored?
Your information may be stored in different ways dependant on the individual reasoning for us holding your personal information, please see below:
- Locked filing cabinet
- Password protected secure computer systems
Your rights to access your information
What happens if we change our policy?
We will notify everyone in relation to the data we hold if a significant change to our policy is made in any way. We also advise that you check back to our website if you want a reminder of what information and where your information is held.